This release is part 2 of a big drive to reduce bugs in Mission Control. It fixes some long standing bugs and annoyances players have.
This turned out to be a much bigger release than I had intended and brings in 27 bug fixes, gameplay balances and minor features.
Tracked by Milestone - v0.4.3
- If you're using MC without a modpack and none of your own changes, just delete the MC folder and move the new one into your mods folder
- If you're using MC without a modpack but you've made some of your own changes to the configs:
- Back up your old MC folder
- Move your old MC folder out of your mod folder
- Move the new MC folder into your mod folder
- Manually make the changes back
- If you prefer the old balance of lances, copy your entire
config/AdditionalLancesfolder back to the new MC mod folder
- If you're using MC as part of a modpack, let the modpack authors update MC for you
- Additional Lances: Added an option (
MatchAllyLanceCountToEnemy) to 'match' ally lance count to the rolled enemy lance count. This is off by default but can be turned on in the
- Additional Lances: Added an option (
IsPrimaryObjectiveIn) in the
settings.jsonto specify if the enemy AL lance(s) should be a primary objective or not.
- Additional Lances: Added better friendly lance portraits (Thanks @17783 / Spectre)
- UI: Added an update notification. When a new version of MC is released the Main Menu will show a notification. This can be disabled in the
- AI: Follow Player - Exposed
TargetZoneRadiussetting in the
settings.json. This specifies the target zone the following mech will try to enter before not following anymore. If this zone is left, they will try to follow again.
- Load Times: Decreased on average between
- Additional Lances: Lower tonnage lances can now spawn for higher difficulty contracts (since
v0.4.2only the same class of lance [e.g. heavy, assault] would spawn for the difficulty level).
- Additional Lances: Reduced max lances to
1. MC is just too brutal at times. This can be edited back under the configs
MissionControl/config/AdditionalLances/if you want it harder again.
- Additional Lances: Substantially increased bonus payout from
150%. This is to try and offset the huge Company cost to fighting extra lances like the repairs, new mechs and pilot recruitment costs.
- Extended Boundaries: Increase specific boundary size for contract type & map combinations
Fire Mission(all of them)
- Extended Boundaries: Increase default boundary increase from
- Rescue: Added a minimum distance to objective check for the player lance spawn
- Hot Drop Protection: Changed evasion pips from
6(effectively a change from
60%evasion) if the starting drop is within enemy detection range
- AI: Follow AI - Reduced 'should sprint' range from
120units. This means the following unit should keep up better with the player mechs
- Random Spawns: Fixed issue where mechs wouldn't be able to move after spawning (stuck in one place from spawn)
- Random Spawns: Fixed issue where mechs would spawn in rocks or buildings
- Random Spawns: Fixed a few issues that could cause long loads
- Random Spawns: Fixed the
Array out of Boundserrors when testing for valid spawn points
- Random Spawns: Fixed issue where the map 'plot' (point of interest) could not be found to orientate spawns on for the map
mapGeneral_gridLock_uTech(and possibly others who shared the same map set up)
- Random Spawns: Fixed issue where the pathfinder mechs would trigger any Region they entered causing an error
- Extended Boundaries: Setting the sub-override
IncreaseBoundarySizeByPercentagewas not read. This is a similar issue as
v0.4.2but for the contract type & map
- Extended Boundaries: Customised size position can be wrong causing key points outside of boundary (same bug as in
v0.4.2). Should be properly fixed now.
- Localisation: Fixed a possible issue with locales that don't use period / fullstop for their decimal place. An error would occur when loading a map with an Additional Lance reward
- Additional Lances: Fixed issue where if the player restarted a contract 3 or more times then no more AL lances would spawn (friendly or enemy)
- Additional Lances: Fixed issue where Heavy Metal campaign contracts would allow Mission Control to run (and Bigger Drops). There's a setting
settings.jsonto allow for MC to run in flashpoints but it's off by default.